TWG goes for Manchester FM licence with John Stalker
LONDON - The Wireless Group is bidding to launch a speech station in Manchester and has brought in John Stalker, the former deputy chief constable of Greater Manchester Police, as chairman of the venture.
The proposed station, allTALK FM, sees The Wireless Group join Emap and Capital FM in bidding for the new Manchester FM licence, the availability of which Ofcom advertised this week.
Stalker is a director of a large security company, runs his own consultancy and advisory group, and is an acclaimed author, speaker, TV and radio presenter.
The Wireless Group's business development director Calum Macaulay said: "He has an unrivalled knowledge of the area and shares our passion for creating compelling speech-based radio. John also understands media and broadcasting inside out and has a real involvement in the shaping of our proposals as well as an ongoing role if allTALK FM is awarded the licence."
The Wireless Group owns the following numerous local and regional radio stations including: Wave 96.5 in Blackpool; Tower FM in Bolton; Classic Gold and The Pulse in Bradford and Huddersfield; the Wave and Swansea Sound in Swansea; and the Wave 102 FM in Dundee and QFM in Paisley.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Consultant - Marketing Strategy Trace c. £60k, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (West), London (Greater) / Twickenham, Lo...
- Associate Director - Marketing Strategy Trace c. £85k, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West)...
- Quantitative Research Manager Trace £32k to £40k, South East England / Berkshire / Maidenhead, Berkshire / Windsor, Berkshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Propel £30000 - £40000 per annum + Excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)