TWG goes for Manchester FM licence with John Stalker
LONDON - The Wireless Group is bidding to launch a speech station in Manchester and has brought in John Stalker, the former deputy chief constable of Greater Manchester Police, as chairman of the venture.
The proposed station, allTALK FM, sees The Wireless Group join Emap and Capital FM in bidding for the new Manchester FM licence, the availability of which Ofcom advertised this week.
Stalker is a director of a large security company, runs his own consultancy and advisory group, and is an acclaimed author, speaker, TV and radio presenter.
The Wireless Group's business development director Calum Macaulay said: "He has an unrivalled knowledge of the area and shares our passion for creating compelling speech-based radio. John also understands media and broadcasting inside out and has a real involvement in the shaping of our proposals as well as an ongoing role if allTALK FM is awarded the licence."
The Wireless Group owns the following numerous local and regional radio stations including: Wave 96.5 in Blackpool; Tower FM in Bolton; Classic Gold and The Pulse in Bradford and Huddersfield; the Wave and Swansea Sound in Swansea; and the Wave 102 FM in Dundee and QFM in Paisley.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, Central London