FT promotes 'online champion' Pocklington on to board
LONDON – The Financial Times has appointed Nigel Pocklington to the new global position of director of online publishing and brought him on to its management board.
In addition to the commercial management of FT.com, Pocklington will be responsible for overseeing the FT's electronic and specialist content syndication agreements and partnerships.
Working closely with FT.com editor Tracy Corrigan, Pocklington will report into Olivier Fleurot, chief executive of the Financial Times Group.
Pocklington joined the Financial Times in September 2003 as commercial director of FT.com. Prior to this he was director of strategy at Pearson, the FT's parent company.
According to Fleurot: "Nigel has done an excellent job over the past year in developing and managing our online strategy and this new role reflects FT.com's place at the heart of our organisation.
"The online world is moving very quickly and it is important for us to have a dedicated online champion on the management board."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Senior Production Manager/ Production Director Premier Media £45,000 - £60,000, London
- Mid-Senior Planner | £50-70K Dynamic New Alliances £50000 - £70000 per annum + Excellent Package, City of London
- Mid Weight PM needed for Liverpool Street agency £32k Digital Gurus £32000 - £34000 per annum, London