FT promotes 'online champion' Pocklington on to board
LONDON – The Financial Times has appointed Nigel Pocklington to the new global position of director of online publishing and brought him on to its management board.
In addition to the commercial management of FT.com, Pocklington will be responsible for overseeing the FT's electronic and specialist content syndication agreements and partnerships.
Working closely with FT.com editor Tracy Corrigan, Pocklington will report into Olivier Fleurot, chief executive of the Financial Times Group.
Pocklington joined the Financial Times in September 2003 as commercial director of FT.com. Prior to this he was director of strategy at Pearson, the FT's parent company.
According to Fleurot: "Nigel has done an excellent job over the past year in developing and managing our online strategy and this new role reflects FT.com's place at the heart of our organisation.
"The online world is moving very quickly and it is important for us to have a dedicated online champion on the management board."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £30000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Junior Account Executive Purple Consultancy £18000 - £20000 per annum, London
- Global Brand Manager Trace £50000 - £58000 Per Annum, London