FT promotes 'online champion' Pocklington on to board
LONDON – The Financial Times has appointed Nigel Pocklington to the new global position of director of online publishing and brought him on to its management board.
In addition to the commercial management of FT.com, Pocklington will be responsible for overseeing the FT's electronic and specialist content syndication agreements and partnerships.
Working closely with FT.com editor Tracy Corrigan, Pocklington will report into Olivier Fleurot, chief executive of the Financial Times Group.
Pocklington joined the Financial Times in September 2003 as commercial director of FT.com. Prior to this he was director of strategy at Pearson, the FT's parent company.
According to Fleurot: "Nigel has done an excellent job over the past year in developing and managing our online strategy and this new role reflects FT.com's place at the heart of our organisation.
"The online world is moving very quickly and it is important for us to have a dedicated online champion on the management board."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London