Citroen's new C4 dances like Timberlake in robotic ad
LONDON – Citroen, the French car manufacturer, is to make its latest C4 model turn into a robot and dance like Justin Timberlake after using the latest film animation techniques deployed by studios like Pixar.
The 30-second spot was the brainchild of Euro RSCG London and was produced by Spy Films in Toronto, with post production by visual effects house The Embassy.
To get the imagery, the team cyber-scanned a Citroen C4 using lasers to create a perfect 3D model, then used Justin Timberlake's choreographer, Marty Kudelka, to dance. The team then reproduced the car to look like the children's robot Transformer toy doing the same moves.
"Effectively I became a transformer, listened to the music and let the dance flow," Kudelka said.
Alain Favey, managing director of Citroen UK, added: "The Citroen C4 is a car that really stands out from the crowd, and it demands an advertising approach that really drives this home as well as leaving the viewer in no doubt that this is the most technologically advanced car in its class."
The television ad breaks in the UK this week and runs through to the end of December. Media planning and buying was handled by OMD.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire