Blue Dog gives Chelsea FC fresh identity for new era
LONDON - Chelsea Football Club has unveiled a new official logo created by design agency Blue Dog Design, which the club says will take it into its new era.
Chelsea FC celebrates its 100th anniversary next year, and Blue Dog has also designed a centenary version of the badge for the club to mark its centenary season (2005-2006).
Peter Kenyon, chief executive of Chelsea FC, said: "We are incredibly proud of Chelsea's heritage but as the club embarks on a new era, it is appropriate that we have a new identity."
The new badge was inspired by Chelsea's 1954/1955 badge, worn during the club's Championship-winning season.
Chelsea is planning a number of initiatives for next year to mark its 100th anniversary. The club is launching a global membership scheme in the spring, which will offer fans merchandise and content including a magazine. The move by the football club is an attempt to build it into a global brand.
Sports clothing brand Umbro is also planning a PR onslaught to push the club's anniversary and its dedicated centenary kit.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing - SyFy NBC Universal Competitive, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks 30 - 34K DOE plus performance related bonus , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Win Technologies £40,000 - £45,000 per annum plus bonus and benefits, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Corporate Reporting Consultant Radley Yeldar Competitive Salary + Bonus + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Account Manager Stopgap £27000 - £29000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director and Senior Account Director air recruitment £45K-£55K (dependent on experience) plus benefits and bonuses, London (Central), London (Greater)