Livingstone appoints agencies to create London portal
LONDON - Ken Livingstone, the Mayor of London, has appointed web agencies Nykris and System Associates to develop a major new portal for London, which will be the official website for residents, businesses and visitors to the city.
The project is being overseen by London Connects, a joint venture between the Association of London Government and the Greater London Authority, and will involve a coordinated approach on the part of all of London's major public services.
This will include, among others, all the London boroughs, London Voluntary Services Council, The London Fire and Emergency Planning Authority and the NHS.
Nykris, which specialises in website design, will work with System Associates, an internet technology company, on the new portal, which is expected to launch in April next year.
Livingstone said: "I look forward to the London portal delivering real benefits to the thousands of Londoners who now look on the web for public services. Whether it is to find your nearest GP or post office, work out who has towed your car or submit a permit application, the portal will quickly guide you to the right page on the right agency's website."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Sales Executive - Performance & Brand - Emerging Tech Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Strategist Zebra People £300 - £400 per day, London (East), London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Integrated - £28-32K Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent agency benefits , London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40,000 - £42,000, London (Central), London (Greater)