Orange jumps on Band Aid wagon with charity ringtone
LONDON - Orange, the mobile phone operator, is supporting this year's Band Aid tune by making a ringtone of the song downloadable for Orange customers.
Proceeds generated from downloads of the song 'Do They Know It's Christmas' will be donated to the Band Aid Trust.
At the same time, the track has been rushed out to music download sites ahead of its appearance in stores next week. Sites including My Coke Music, Tiscali, NTL, Wanadoo, Virgin Megastore, MSN, Virgin.net, MTV, HMV, and Napster, will sell the song as a download starting today.
There is also a site, which will offer the download, a link to pre-order the CD and the opportunity to make a financial donation to the trust.
The song, originally recorded in 1984, has been re-recorded in time for Christmas this year by a host of artists including U2's lead singer Bono, who appeared on the original, Coldplay's Chris Martin, Robbie Williams and Justin Hawkins, lead singer of The Darkness.
The ringtone is available now, a week ahead of the official launch of the single, in a variety of formats.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London