Jetix Europe appoints Paul Taylor as new chief executive
LONDON – Jetix Europe, the Disney-owned children's entertainment company formerly known as Fox Kids, has appointed Paul Taylor to the role of chief executive officer after five months as its interim chief.
Taylor was appointed interim chief executive in July this year after joining Fox Kids Europe as group managing director and executive vice-president in March 2003, before the company relaunched as Jetix.
Previously, Taylor was manager of movies and pay-per-view at BSkyB. He also served as director of ad sales at Flextech working across UK Gold and Living for four years.
Taylor will be responsible for leading the growth of all businesses within Jetix Europe, including its 13 TV channels and Jetix consumer products. He will report to the supervisory board of Jetix Europe.
Thomas Stagg, chairman of the supervisory board, said: "Paul took the helm during a transition time and has demonstrated his leadership and vision to improve operations, increase distribution and integrate better synergies with Disney."
Jetix Europe is the new name for Fox Kids Europe after the programme alliance was created with Disney-owned ABC cable networks.
Jetix Europe TV channels are now seen in 58 countries by 37m subscribers in 17 languages across Europe and the Middle East. Worldwide, Jetix is available to 79 countries and 140m TV households.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/GROUP ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - shopper marketing agency - London Judi Patton £50-65k dependent on experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)