Deutsch facing a review of $120m Revlon ad account
NEW YORK - Revlon, the US cosmetics giant, is reviewing its $120m (£64.6m) creative account, currently held by the Interpublic Group agency Deutsch.
The company has confirmed reports of the review, but details of the pitch list have not been revealed at this stage.
Deutsch's latest campaign for Revlon is an epic celebrity spot starring Halle Berry, Julianne Moore, Eva Mendes and Jaime King, and largely avoids product shots. Susan Sarandon and Kate Hudson have been signed by Revlon to appear in a new campaign starting next year.
The review comes a week after Revlon said that sales had fallen by 7% over the past quarter, reporting a loss of $91.6m.
Deutsch first started working on the Revlon brand Almay in 2001 and, in February 2002, it was handed the flagship cosmetics account, taking over from Kirschenbaum Bond & Partners only weeks after the agency had launched a new campaign.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Digital Display Executive (fashion e-commerce) Farfetch Competitive + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...