DMA to set up mobile marketing strategy committee
LONDON – The DMA is set to develop guidance on regulatory issues around direct marketing to mobile phone users, following the formation of the Mobile Marketing Strategy Group within its interactive media division.
The group has not yet officially launched but the DMA is inviting people to join and expects to produce a list of committee members within the next two months.
The move is a response to increasing demand from DMA members for a coherent voice to promote the benefits of mobile marketing and its integration into direct marketing campaigns. The DMA also intends to provide an interface between the industry, including content providers, and government on regulatory issues.
Robert Dirskovski, head of interactive media at the DMA, said: "There are a number of important regulatory issues which need to be addressed, particularly the EU Sales Promotion Regulations, which could have a major impact on mobile marketing and we will seek to ensure the industry's views are fully represented."
Charles Ping, DMA deputy chairman and head of CRM for The Guardian, said: "The rate of change within the mobile marketplace over the next 12 months means that this key area of marketing needs to have a voice with the direct marketing industry to ensure that it remains an effective marketing tool, utilised correctly to ensure maximum benefits for the industry while providing consumer protection against disreputable companies."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)