Nintendo teams up with CiTV to promote Mario games
LONDON – ITV's CiTV website for children is teaming up with Nintendo to launch 'Mario Month', promoting new gaming products featuring the computer game character.
For five weeks, the CiTV website, transformed by The Graphic Design Agency, will encourage visitors to play Mario games on their Nintendo Gamecube, enter competitions and collect Mario ecards to download different wallpapers and screensavers each week.
A TV ad campaign will support the online activity for Mario Month and also promote Nintendo's hand-held Game Boy Advance and Game Cube.
Jeremy Rosenberg, online sales manager at ITV, said: "The Mario Month is a ground-breaking campaign for CiTV because it is the first time ITV has incorporated an integrated ad to be shown within broadcast to drive kids to CiTV.co.uk."
Robert Lowe, UK product manager for Nintendo, said: "Mario Month is an excellent way of promoting five great Mario games this November and the deal between CiTV and Nintendo is a superb way to encapsulate the Mario look and feel online and on television."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Media Business Director PFJ £70000.00 - £90000 per annum, London
- PERFORMANCE PLANNING DIRECTOR - MOBILE BRAND! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham