Branding: Singapore mall goes with VivoCity
SINGAPORE: An upcoming retail and entertainment development in Singapore has chosen VivoCity as its name to reflect its positioning as a "modern, stimulating and accessible" brand.
Branding consultancy FutureBrand created the name as well the visual identity and brand architecture for the waterfront project, which is being developed by Mapletree Investments.
Designed by Japanese architect Toyo Ito, the building features more curves -incorporating elements from nature and space - than the straight lines of a traditional box design favoured by shopping centres.
VivoCity is located five minutes from the CBD and will be linked to Singapore's leisure island of Sentosa by a new rail line. VivoCity will have more than one million of lettable floor space and will be completed by the first quarter of 2006.
Mapletree COO Tan Boon Leong said VivoCity would be positioned as "modern, stimulating and accessible" to differentiate it in a cluttered retail sector. Tan said Vivo-City would integrate culttural events, nightlife and sports facilities into its retail offering to provide something for everyone at the development, touted as Singapore's largest retail and entertainment centre. Golden Villages is one of the first tenants to sign up, and will offer 15 cinemas, including one with Asia's largest screen.
VivoCity has tapped Lowe for advertising and 141 for PR, with plans to roll out PR activities, events and direct marketing initiatives over the next year to build up brand awareness.
This article was first published on Media Asia
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London