Branding: Singapore mall goes with VivoCity
SINGAPORE: An upcoming retail and entertainment development in Singapore has chosen VivoCity as its name to reflect its positioning as a "modern, stimulating and accessible" brand.
Branding consultancy FutureBrand created the name as well the visual identity and brand architecture for the waterfront project, which is being developed by Mapletree Investments.
Designed by Japanese architect Toyo Ito, the building features more curves -incorporating elements from nature and space - than the straight lines of a traditional box design favoured by shopping centres.
VivoCity is located five minutes from the CBD and will be linked to Singapore's leisure island of Sentosa by a new rail line. VivoCity will have more than one million of lettable floor space and will be completed by the first quarter of 2006.
Mapletree COO Tan Boon Leong said VivoCity would be positioned as "modern, stimulating and accessible" to differentiate it in a cluttered retail sector. Tan said Vivo-City would integrate culttural events, nightlife and sports facilities into its retail offering to provide something for everyone at the development, touted as Singapore's largest retail and entertainment centre. Golden Villages is one of the first tenants to sign up, and will offer 15 cinemas, including one with Asia's largest screen.
VivoCity has tapped Lowe for advertising and 141 for PR, with plans to roll out PR activities, events and direct marketing initiatives over the next year to build up brand awareness.
This article was first published on Media Asia
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)