Media choice: The Straits Times
The Straits Times is the leading daily in Singapore. Launched in 1845, it has gone through several make-overs to modernise and become more relevant.
The latest change took effect in October this year. Other than contemporising the look of the daily, the makeover added three new supplements: Digital Life (a revamped version of Computer Times), Mind Your Body and Urban.
All three have proven to be a good read.
My favourite is Mind Your Body. It is rich in content and covers topics relevant to day-to-day living, like common diseases, Chinese medicine, healthy eating and stress management. Every article is interesting and I keep them for future reference.
Digital Life is a big improvement, too. From a supplement that only my IT manager could understand, it has developed into a more approachable and interesting magazine for a less IT-savvy consumer like me. As a matter of fact, I look forward to getting an update on the latest products and technology.
Urban is like a typical woman's title. To ensure better reproduction quality when featuring fashion and jewellery, it uses slightly heavier paper compared to normal newsprint.
The only problem is that many of the topics covered duplicate those in women's magazines in the market. I hope the editorial team can find more refreshing angles to make this magazine more outstanding.
This article was first published on Media Asia
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater), South East England