Google hires T-Mobile's Arora to lead Europe operations
LONDON - Google has named T-Mobile's former chief marketing officer Nikesh Arora as vice-president of European operations, a new role to help develop the search engine's place in the European market.
Arora, who was also on the T-Mobile board, will join Google in December, based in London. He has worked at T-Mobile's parent company Deutsche Telekom since 1999, and was founder of T-Motion, a mobile multimedia subsidiary of T-Mobile International. He left the company in September, sparking a company-wide review of its marketing operations.
Omid Kordestani, senior vice-president of Google's worldwide sales and field operations, said: "Nikesh's proven track record of leading high-performance teams and driving businesses make him the ideal candidate to take Google's European operations to the next phase of growth."
Before joining Deutsche Telekom, Arora held management positions at Putnam Investments and Fidelity Investments Boston. He said he was leaving T-Mobile in August this year to move on to "more entrepreneurial pursuits".
Google floated in August this year on Nasdaq, with shares roughly doubling since then. It is reported that the company's founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin are each planning to sell 7.2m shares in the company as the first date for Google employees to sell their shares in the company arrives this week.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London