Jerry Hall turns into Grace Kelly for Goldsmiths campaign
LONDON – Texan model Jerry Hall has been signed as the new face of jewellery chain Goldsmiths in a campaign that makes the 48-year-old model look like 50s actress Grace Kelly, as she was aged 24.
Model-turned-actress Hall has reported been paid £300,000 to star in the ads, which are to be rolled out across 170 nationwide Goldsmith's stores in a campaign that will run until next spring.
The former wife of Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger was photographed by David Bailey and made to look like 50s screen siren Kelly, when she was photographed in 1952 aged 24.
Hall has the same curls, expression, demeanour and youthful looks as Kelly for the heavily airbrushed ads.
Hall has had her wrinkles, veins, loose skin and shadows removed from the photograph and her eyes and teeth have been whitened, as well as her hair smoothed and eyebrows and eyelashes retouched.
Hall also reportedly got to keep all the jewellery she wore during the shoots.
In 1956, Kelly married Prince Rainier of Monaco to become Princess Grace of Monaco. She died in 1982 after her car went off a cliff-top road in the principality.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Manager - Communication/ Branding to £35k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London