POWER 100 - Media marketers make their mark
LONDON – Emap's David Pullan has topped Marketing magazine's Power 100 Next Generation, with Channel 4's Dan Brooke and four other up-and-coming media players from the BBC and IPC also making the top 40.
Pullan, Emap's managing director of FHM Worldwide and former Five and MTV marketer, took the top spot on the Power 100 survey after establishing the lad's mag in the global market as far reaching as China, after successfully breaking the US and Australasian markets.
Eighth place in the list went to Dan Brooke, managing director of 4Channels, responsible for introducing E4's Second Chance Sunday, a repeat of all E4's most popular youth programming on Sunday, and putting the comedian Ali G alongside 'Friends' in its schedule.
Just behind Brooke was IPC Ignite's 28-year old Niall McKinney, who is described as the standard-bearer for some of the UK's coolest magazines, including Loaded, NME, Uncut and Nuts. McKinney has already picked up the Marketing Society's Young Marketer of the Year Award, which he won after relaunching the NME.
Channel 4's head of marketing Bill Griffin, who introduced 'Black Friday' to promote the final episode of 'Friends' and the first episode of 'Big Brother 5', came in 26th place.
Simon Downing, head of marketing at Five, came in 34th for his high-profile print campaign for the 'Back to Reality' series, which saw Jade Goody and James Hewitt among others shot by style photographer David LaChapelle.
Gail Gallie, the BBC's head of youth marketing and former marketing manager for Radio One, came in at 37th after transforming the BBC flagship radio station into the most popular youth radio stations.
The survey was compiled by Marketing magazine to highlight the future stars of the marketing industry. You can read the full list of entants into the Power 100 here.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)