Spin-off title created for C4 hit You Are What You Eat
LONDON – Celador International, creator of the hit Channel 4 health show 'You Are What You Eat', is to launch a spin-off monthly magazine, DVD and cookbook to coincide with the return of the second series.
The You Are What You Eat magazine will focus on healthy eating and will feature guidelines for food combining, nutritional advice and recipes. Created in association with contract publisher Brooklands Group, the first issue will be available in shops from the end of January.
The DVD/VHS release of 'You Are What You Eat' on December 27, co-produced with Lace International, sees the show's presenter Dr Gillian McKeith offer nutritional information as well as a 14-day recipe planner.
In the show, McKeith takes the overweight in hand and examines in detail their diets. At the opening of each show she lays out on a table the horrifying truth of what they consume in a week.
Following on from the success of the first book ' You Are What You Eat', which spent 10 weeks at number one in the UK bestseller chart, the 'You Are What You Eat Cookbook' published by Penguin will carry a host of recipes written by Dr McKeith.
Michael Seres, head of licensing and marketing at Celador International, said: "These new licences are testament to the fact that 'You Are What You Eat' is a brand in its own right.
"The success of the television series and first book, both domestically and internationally, show the incredible impact of the 'You Are What You Eat' lifestyle plan on consumers."
Celador International, creator of ITV's 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?', has licenced the 'You Are What You Eat' format to 10 countries including Australia, New Zealand and the Netherlands.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)