Appleton quits I'm a Celebrity ahead of fifth challenge
LONDON - Former All Saint Natalie Appleton has become the second contestant to quit ITV's 'I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!' after being picked for an unprecedented fifth time to take part in a gruelling bushtucker trial.
Appleton, who has even been branded as "irritating" by her own sister according to the Daily Mirror, has had a torrid time since the start of the series.
Viewers, who in the first show saw her afraid of a tree, have taken delight in picking nervous Appleton to take part in a variety of challenges, including eating bugs and walking a trolley across a tightrope high in the jungle canopy, where she screamed for her mother.
But after failing to do well in the challenges, including winning just one meal for her camp mates during her fourth challenge, seen on last night's show, she decided to walk rather than take part for a fifth time.
The fourth challenge saw her attempting to undo ropes underwater as snakes were released into the water.
According to media reports this morning, Appleton quit at around 12:30am GMT last night. She is now the second celebrity to quit the show, following former East 17 singer Brian Harvey's exit last week after a run-in with Janet Street-Porter about farting.
On tonight's show, a third celebrity will also leave, but this time as the first to be axed by public vote. Singer Sheila Ferguson is the favourite for the boot, with squeaky-voiced comic Joe Pasquale still the favourite to win, according to bookmaker Ladbrokes.
It is not yet known who will complete the trial set for Appleton, which involved navigating through a network of rat-infested bamboo poles.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Berkshire