Trinity Mirror appoints regional newspaper sales director
LONDON – Trinity Mirror has appointed a newspaper sales director for its regional newspapers, bringing in Matt Harrison, currently the director of Diageo's route-to-market business unit.
Harrison will take up the newly created position in February and will report to Georgina Crace, the division's new managing director, who will join from IPC Media in the same month.
He will also work closely with Humphrey Cobbold, the group's director of strategic development, who has been leading Trinity Mirror's supply chain review this year.
His task is to drive improved circulation performance across the regional newspapers division, which includes the Birmingham Post & Mail and the Newcastle Chronicle & Journal.
He will be responsible for identifying and sharing best practice across the division and securing a growing return on investment in newspaper sales and related marketing activities.
At Diageo, Harrison promotes spirit and beer brands to off-licence customers through the wholesale trade. He has held a number of commercial, sales and marketing roles with Diageo since 1999, and previously worked in financial services industry with Barclays Bank and Prudential.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing - SyFy NBC Universal Competitive, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks 30 - 34K DOE plus performance related bonus , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Win Technologies £40,000 - £45,000 per annum plus bonus and benefits, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Corporate Reporting Consultant Radley Yeldar Competitive Salary + Bonus + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Social Associate Director Dot-Gap £70k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Dot-Gap £50k, London (Central), London (Greater)