Jacob's to launch £3m push for 'healthy' cracker range
LONDON – Jacob's has launched a £3m promotional marketing blitz, including in-store sampling, for the launch of a new 'healthy' cracker range called Essentials.
The new range is to launch in January, with marketing including TV advertising, point of sale work, online advertising, consumer and trade PR, as well as in-store promotional incentives.
The product is aimed at 35- to 45-year-old women and is being promoted as high in fibre, but lower in fat and salt.
Packaging design, by Bloom, involves a bright orange and green look, with packs also featuring recipe suggestions.
Jacobs sweet and savoury biscuits marketing manager Vanessa Andrews said: "The January launch is perfectly timed to fit with the trend for healthier eating after Christmas -- but Essentials doesn't stop there as it has year-round appeal.
"This is a positive step for Jacob's and with significant above- and below-the-line marketing activity, we are confident Essentials will quickly achieve high levels of awareness, penetration and sales."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- French Speaking Graphic designer | Corporate communications - Global Healthcare Brand Aquent Competitive day rate, Hertfordshire
- Client Services Director - Full-Service Digital Agency Silverdrum to £55,000 + benefits, London
- Account Manager - Post Campaign Management - Ad Ops Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + bonus, London
- Regional HR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £40000 - £45000 per annum + package , Leeds