Labour claims Britain is working in latest ad campaign
LONDON – The Labour Party has taken a sideswipe at the famous Saatchi & Saatchi created slogan, 'Labour isn't working', famously used by the Conservatives in 1979, with its latest campaign called 'Britain is working'.
This latest advertising push by Labour was launched today and involves print advertising in The Sun, Daily Mirror and The Guardian, as well as poster vans travelling the country.
The creative was handled by the party's retained agency TBWA\London and involves a variety of iconic symbols as the letters of the phrase "Britain is working" to highlight positive images of modern Britain, such as a football stadium and an Olympic gold medal.
According to a spokesman, the new slogan came directly from the party, as a deliberate variation on the Conservative's successful slogan from 1979, which helped power Margaret Thatcher to office.
The advertising campaign is being officially launched in separate events in Wales, Scotland and nine English regions. This includes a North-East launch in Gateshead today attended by Alan Milburn MP.
Accompanying the advertising push is a website called Proud of Britain and a political broadcast, which was screened last week ahead of the advertising launch.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire
- Marketing Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50K-70K + Benefits Package, Central London