Labour claims Britain is working in latest ad campaign
LONDON – The Labour Party has taken a sideswipe at the famous Saatchi & Saatchi created slogan, 'Labour isn't working', famously used by the Conservatives in 1979, with its latest campaign called 'Britain is working'.
This latest advertising push by Labour was launched today and involves print advertising in The Sun, Daily Mirror and The Guardian, as well as poster vans travelling the country.
The creative was handled by the party's retained agency TBWA\London and involves a variety of iconic symbols as the letters of the phrase "Britain is working" to highlight positive images of modern Britain, such as a football stadium and an Olympic gold medal.
According to a spokesman, the new slogan came directly from the party, as a deliberate variation on the Conservative's successful slogan from 1979, which helped power Margaret Thatcher to office.
The advertising campaign is being officially launched in separate events in Wales, Scotland and nine English regions. This includes a North-East launch in Gateshead today attended by Alan Milburn MP.
Accompanying the advertising push is a website called Proud of Britain and a political broadcast, which was screened last week ahead of the advertising launch.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Senior Brand Manager Nigel Wright Recruitment £50000 - £55000 Per Annum, South East (Home Counties)