Carling pushes Bristol presence with wireless campaign
LONDON - Carling is pushing its presence in Bristol with a wireless promotion that the lager brand says is the biggest of its kind in the UK to date.
Created by OneZeroOne, the digital arm of Poster Publicity, the campaign will see Bluetooth-enabled touch-screen kiosks set up throughout Bristol, along with a wireless "cloud" to allow people in the city with Bluetooth phones to access the worldwide web wherever they are.
The kiosks will give people free internet access and information on where to go and what to do in Bristol. They will carry a dedicated Carling channel offering people the chance to enter competitions to win tickets to Carling live gigs in London and Bristol, or to win a pint of Carling at a local pub.
The wireless cloud, built by Cityspace, will enable people to access the internet wherever they are without having to find a physical connection point. It will also give people with Bluetooth phones the chance to opt-in to receive Carling offers and Carling live music footage as the campaign progresses.
Chris O'Donnell, head of OneZeroOne, said: "This is the future of consumer interaction with brands. We're really focused on 'destination planning' whereby we set up the kiosks in locations where people have completed their journey, such as shopping centres, pubs, city centres or rail stations. Here they are in a different mind-frame from when they are in the home or travelling from A to B, and are open to different kinds of messages."
He added that there are plans to replicate the campaign in other cities after the Bristol trial is finished.
Nicola Young, head of direct marketing at Carling, said: "With more companies investigating the potential of new technologies to engage consumers, the Bristol pilot will enable us to experiment with a range of these devices as well as enable us to get more instant feedback from our consumers."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £80,000, Central London