Skillsmart appoints ESA to Welsh retail sector project
LONDON - Retail and trade research specialist ESA has been hired by Skillsmart Retail, the sector skills council for the retail industry, to undertake an analysis of the sector in Wales.
The project will use mystery shopping, street interviews and town centre assessments, with information gathered being used to develop a blueprint for retail training in Wales.
Skillsmart Retail's Wales retail manager Katherine Whittall said: "It is universally acknowledged that there is a need for increased training and development across the retail sector. This type of project is a first for Wales, and ESA will help us identify the key areas for improvement so that we can more efficiently focus local training provision."
During its work, ESA's mystery shoppers will examine general issues such as courtesy and speed of service, as well as product and local knowledge.
The street interviews and town centre assessments will look at shopping areas and their locality as a whole.
ESA client service director Jamie Thorpe said: "The importance of training for high street retailers can not be underestimated."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager - Brand & Content Stopgap £55000 per annum, London
- Marketing Executive, Acquisition - The Times & Sunday Times News UK Competitive, London