ITV appoints the AA's Salmon to top marketing position
LONDON – ITV has hired former AA marketing chief Clare Salmon as its marketing director, replacing Jim Hytner, who quit in the summer to take up the same post at Barclays Bank.
Salmon, who was responsible for the AA's "Just AAsk" campaign during her three years at the motoring firm, is to join ITV in January in a role that oversees onscreen and off-air marketing.
While at the AA, Salmon held the role of sales and marketing director before being promoted to managing director of the financial services division in December last year.
She left the AA last month as part of a cull of senior staff following Centrica's handing over of the AA to new joint owners, venture capitalist groups CVC Capital Partners and Permira.
One of her priorities in her new role at ITV will be to develop new idents for ITV, replacing the current crop, which were devised by Hytner and feature celebrities.
Mick Desmond, ITV Broadcasting chief executive, said: "Marketing has never been more critical and I look forward to working with Clare to take the ITV brand forward."
The ITV job puts her in charge of a 60-strong team that is responsible for the main ITV1 terrestrial channel, as well as ITV2 and the recently launched ITV3.
Salmon added: "I will relish the opportunity to shape the ITV brand for the digital future so that it can continue to capture and lead the popular imagination."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)