Royal Mail updates brand imagery with informal photos
LONDON – Royal Mail has commissioned new photography from design agency Start Creative as part of the revamp of its brand identity.
The images, warm and informal in nature, are designed to support Royal Mail's brand principles of being straight, personal and bold.
They range from graphic abstracts to more literal, illustrative shots and portray a diverse range of locations and subject matter.
Start gave photographers Simon McComb and Iain Crockart a number of briefs within which they had free reign.
David Shalam, creative director at Start, said: "Royal Mail's new approach to photography requires a braver approach to commissioning and briefing. The reason for this is simple: capturing more honest and spontaneous results requires a more honest and spontaneous approach."
The new images will have a wide range of uses across Royal Mail and will be deployed as part of its brand imagery in below-the-line, website, PR and internal communications.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Global Brand Manager - Drinks Trace c. £58k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West)...
- Senior International Agency Sales Manager - Mobile Salt £70000 per annum + strong bonus and great bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Consumer Tech Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...
- Head of Marketing The RSA Circa £60,000 per annum (commensurate with skills and experience) + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Pharma / Healthcare Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...