Royal Mail updates brand imagery with informal photos
LONDON – Royal Mail has commissioned new photography from design agency Start Creative as part of the revamp of its brand identity.
The images, warm and informal in nature, are designed to support Royal Mail's brand principles of being straight, personal and bold.
They range from graphic abstracts to more literal, illustrative shots and portray a diverse range of locations and subject matter.
Start gave photographers Simon McComb and Iain Crockart a number of briefs within which they had free reign.
David Shalam, creative director at Start, said: "Royal Mail's new approach to photography requires a braver approach to commissioning and briefing. The reason for this is simple: capturing more honest and spontaneous results requires a more honest and spontaneous approach."
The new images will have a wide range of uses across Royal Mail and will be deployed as part of its brand imagery in below-the-line, website, PR and internal communications.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire