New Cheddar tests strength of door-drop marketing
LONDON – LinkDirect has been appointed to handle a door-drop marketing campaign that will test it against other below-the-line media for the launch of Pilgrims Choice Strong Farmhouse Cheddar.
North Downs Dairies, which owns the Pilgrims Choice brand, is looking to test the performance of selected media to target Tesco and Somerfield supermarket shoppers.
LinkDirect will distribute half-a-million leaflets to households in the vicinity of 150 Tesco and 75 Somerfield stores nationwide. The leaflets have recipe suggestions and money-off coupons that are coded to enable response tracking and subsequent evaluation. Prior to the door-drop distribution campaign, a '"Try Me for Free" on-pack promotional device was used.
North Downs sees the trial as a crucial test that will help answer how it may be possible for brand owners in future to launch line extensions more effectively.
Pilgrims Choice Strong Farmhouse Cheddar is the newest line in the Pilgrims Choice range of Cheddar cheese. It is the second best-selling brand in the UK. The new line is aimed specifically at satisfying the palate of consumers who like a strong, traditionally made, more open textured cheese typical of farmhouse production. North Down Dairies also produce Classic Mature and Vintage Extra Mature Pilgrims Choice Cheddar.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Partnership Manager Movember Competitive, Clerkenwell, London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London