New Cheddar tests strength of door-drop marketing
LONDON – LinkDirect has been appointed to handle a door-drop marketing campaign that will test it against other below-the-line media for the launch of Pilgrims Choice Strong Farmhouse Cheddar.
North Downs Dairies, which owns the Pilgrims Choice brand, is looking to test the performance of selected media to target Tesco and Somerfield supermarket shoppers.
LinkDirect will distribute half-a-million leaflets to households in the vicinity of 150 Tesco and 75 Somerfield stores nationwide. The leaflets have recipe suggestions and money-off coupons that are coded to enable response tracking and subsequent evaluation. Prior to the door-drop distribution campaign, a '"Try Me for Free" on-pack promotional device was used.
North Downs sees the trial as a crucial test that will help answer how it may be possible for brand owners in future to launch line extensions more effectively.
Pilgrims Choice Strong Farmhouse Cheddar is the newest line in the Pilgrims Choice range of Cheddar cheese. It is the second best-selling brand in the UK. The new line is aimed specifically at satisfying the palate of consumers who like a strong, traditionally made, more open textured cheese typical of farmhouse production. North Down Dairies also produce Classic Mature and Vintage Extra Mature Pilgrims Choice Cheddar.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)