Web dictionary NetLingo offers free search box to sites
LONDON - Internet dictionary NetLingo is offering the NetLingo Search Box for website owners for free, as part of an effort to raise the profile of the award-winning service globally.
The NetLingo Search Box combines NetLingo's most popular search features, the search function and the browse feature, and gives users quick and easy access to the extensive NetLingo dictionary.
Created in 1995, NetLingo allows millions of web users from around the world every month to understand the jargon that dominates the internet.
Erin Jansen, creator of NetLingo, said: "The NetLingo Search Box was created to help web publishers integrate NetLingo.com into their websites. It is also beneficial for businesses because it was designed to assist in customer service and retention and to train new users and industry professionals about the technology and community of the internet. Many companies currently find it useful on their intranet."
There is no payment or permission necessary, and website owners can find clear and simple instructions on the NetLingo site on how to incorporate the search box in their own choice of colour.
The NetLingo Search Box is being promoted using an integrated marketing and PR campaign managed by UK consultancy Elemental PR, with a soft launch approach for the rest of 2004.
Since launch, the NetLingo service has won numerous awards including "One of the top 100 websites" by PC Magazine two years running, and is ranked at number 656 in Google's top 1,000 websites.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Join the flagship Agency team at Blue Skies, Richmond Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent bonus + benefits, London (Greater) / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Account Executive Stopgap £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Junior Account Manager collectivo Up to £26,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Head of Data Analytics - Top Publisher Digital Gurus £90000 - £120000 Per Annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Mid-weight project manager Red Sofa London £35000.00 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)