Spongebob and Power Rangers star in GMTV kids' show
LONDON – GMTV is to launch 'Toonattik', a new weekend morning children's show featuring cartoons from all the major players such as Disney's 'Lilo and Stitch', Jetix's 'Power Rangers' and Nickelodeon's 'SpongeBob SquarePants'.
The show will go out on Saturday and Sunday mornings on ITV from February 2005 and will be presented by current GMTV kids presenter Jamie Rickers, along with newcomer Anna Williamson.
'Toonattick' will target four- to nine-year-olds but will also appeal to other age groups, and will include some pre-school programming such as Nickelodeon's 'Dora the Explorer'.
Other highlights include 'Spider-Man', 'Dave the Barbarian', 'Rugrats' and new episodes of the animated series 'Sabrina the Teenage Witch'.
Paul Corley, managing director at GMTV, said: "Kids control viewing on Saturday and Sunday mornings and we have carried out a lot of research into what they want. 'Toonattik' will be their programme with all their favourite characters and we expect it to be huge."
The 'Toonattik' set has been designed by Glitter Design, the award-winning creative company that has worked on 'The Word' and 'Never Mind the Buzzcocks' sets.
The logo and graphics have been developed by Jellyfish, whose clients include CITV, Granada and Cartoon Network. Music was composed by 'The Big Breakfast' and 'Live and Kicking' theme tune writers David Arnold and Paul Hart.
Mark Wilson, creative director and head of on-air at GMTV, added: "We've eye-popping graphics set in a topsy turvy world; toe-tapping music with a crazy beat; and a jaw-dropping set that plays with perspective."
Clive Crouch, sales and marketing director, said: "For the advertiser, 'Toonattick' will be the biggest opportunity in the kids' marketplace."
'Toonattick' launches on Saturday February 5 at 6am and will run through to 9.25am. On Sunday, it kicks off at 7.30am to 9.25am with the same schedule for the rest of the year.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham