JWT restructures global CRM network as rmg:connect
LONDON – J Walter Thompson has expanded its EMEA network, rmg:connect, to cover the globe, absorbing its North American network, connect@jwt.
The restructure sees OgilvyOne CEO Philip Greenfield appointed to run the North American rmg:connect business as well as the overall network.
Connect@jwt's current chief operating officer Mary Beth Casey will support Greenfield as chief operating officer. It is unclear when Greenfield will relocate to New York, but according to a JWT spokeswoman it is unlikely to be before the New Year.
The change does not affect Nelly Anderson, who remains chief executive of rmg:connect EMEA.
According to JWT, the worldwide rollout of rmg will extend its "successful model" of offering direct marketing, interactive and promotional services for clients including Shell, Vodafone, HSBC, Pfizer, Unilever and Nestle.
Connect@jwt's client list features HSBC, Unilever, the US Marine Corps and 3M.
Globally, rmg:connect will have offices in 18 markets including the US and Canada, UK, France, Spain, Italy, Ireland, Germany, Japan, China, Hong Kong, Singapore and India.
Michael Maedel, JWT worldwide president, said: "Worldwide expenditure by clients on CRM is set to grow from $16.8bn (£8.7bn) in 2001 to $36bn by 2005. As clients increasingly access non-traditional forms of media and consumers become more media savvy and technologically inclined, we will now be positioned to offer strategic CRM, online and offline, on a global basis."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Manager (2 months) Stopgap £150 - £160 per day, London
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £28000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Account Director Purple Consultancy £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Email Producer Creative Recruitment £17000 - £20000 per annum + benefits, West London
- Communications Executive Â– Part-time Â– ethical organisation ADLIB £20000 - £25000 per annum, Bristol