Heavyweight POS backs St Ivel Gold low-fat launch
LONDON – Dairy Crest is backing the January launch of the latest addition to the low-fat St Ivel Gold range, St Ivel Gold Lowest, with a £1.5m promotional marketing and TV campaign.
The new spread will appear on the shelves from mid December, with distribution expected in all multiples by the end of January. Dairy Crest claims that at just 19% fat St Ivel Gold Lowest will be the lowest-fat brand on the market.
As well as active dieters, St Ivel Gold Lowest will primarily be aimed at women who like to stay healthy and watch what they eat.
The marketing push begins in January and runs through to February, with a heavyweight point-of-sale push in store, with material referencing the slimming benefits of the spread, created by Fountain Marketing.
The in-store work will be supported by press advertising in women's and slimming publications.
Following the promotion activity will be a £1.5m television and press advertising campaign, created by Grey London. PR activity is through the Red Consultancy.
Paul White, St Ivel Gold brand manager, said: "St Ivel Gold Lowest will offer consumers a convenient way of reducing their fat intake, but without compromising on taste. The St Ivel Gold range now offers more choice to the health conscious and slimmers alike."
The new spread is designed to further enhance the revamped St Ivel Gold brand following its relaunch last year. Latest ACNielsen figures for the year to October 2 show that brand volume is growing at 20.4%.
Diary Crest hopes that the launch of St Ivel Gold Lowest will capitalise on this growth.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Digital Senior Sales Manager - Leading Ad Tech Business Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + 100% COMMISSION , London