Heavyweight POS backs St Ivel Gold low-fat launch
LONDON – Dairy Crest is backing the January launch of the latest addition to the low-fat St Ivel Gold range, St Ivel Gold Lowest, with a £1.5m promotional marketing and TV campaign.
The new spread will appear on the shelves from mid December, with distribution expected in all multiples by the end of January. Dairy Crest claims that at just 19% fat St Ivel Gold Lowest will be the lowest-fat brand on the market.
As well as active dieters, St Ivel Gold Lowest will primarily be aimed at women who like to stay healthy and watch what they eat.
The marketing push begins in January and runs through to February, with a heavyweight point-of-sale push in store, with material referencing the slimming benefits of the spread, created by Fountain Marketing.
The in-store work will be supported by press advertising in women's and slimming publications.
Following the promotion activity will be a £1.5m television and press advertising campaign, created by Grey London. PR activity is through the Red Consultancy.
Paul White, St Ivel Gold brand manager, said: "St Ivel Gold Lowest will offer consumers a convenient way of reducing their fat intake, but without compromising on taste. The St Ivel Gold range now offers more choice to the health conscious and slimmers alike."
The new spread is designed to further enhance the revamped St Ivel Gold brand following its relaunch last year. Latest ACNielsen figures for the year to October 2 show that brand volume is growing at 20.4%.
Diary Crest hopes that the launch of St Ivel Gold Lowest will capitalise on this growth.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing - SyFy NBC Universal Competitive, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks 30 - 34K DOE plus performance related bonus , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Win Technologies £40,000 - £45,000 per annum plus bonus and benefits, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Corporate Reporting Consultant Radley Yeldar Competitive Salary + Bonus + Benefits, London (Greater)
- CGI Designer Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Executive - Direct Marketing [Charity] - Superb Agency - £21k - £24k Fill Recruitment Ltd £21k - £24k, plus benefits., London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)