Nickelodeon appoints David Lynn as managing director
LONDON - Children's TV network Nickelodeon UK has appointed Paramount Comedy's David Lynn to the role of senior vice-president and managing director.
Lynn replaces Nicky Parkinson, who left to assume the role of senior vice-president and managing director for branded television at Walt Disney Television International Asia Pacific.
Lynn started his career at Viacom in 1997 and joined Nickelodeon's sister channel Paramount Comedy UK as finance director in 1999, rising to general manager in 2002, with an additional remit to develop advertising and distribution for Paramount in the Spanish market.
At the same time, Howard Litton has been promoted to the new role of general manager and director of channels.
Litton has spent nine years at Nickelodeon as a creative leader playing a key role in the launches of Nicktoons and Nick Jr. He has also executed channel strategy and development, as well as programming and production.
The new senior management team will lead the network's four-channel multiplex, which includes Nickelodeon, Nicktoons, Nick Jr and Nick Replay.
Simon Gould, deputy chief executive MTV Networks Europe and a director of Nickelodeon UK, said: "By combining David's strategic and management strengths with Howard's unique creative talents, we are creating a formidable management team that will build on Nickelodeon's strong position and continue the channel's remarkable success story in the UK."
Nickelodeon UK is a joint venture between BSkyB and MTV Networks. The Nickelodeon channels appear on all pay-TV platforms, reaching more than 9m homes.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London