Nickelodeon appoints David Lynn as managing director
LONDON - Children's TV network Nickelodeon UK has appointed Paramount Comedy's David Lynn to the role of senior vice-president and managing director.
Lynn replaces Nicky Parkinson, who left to assume the role of senior vice-president and managing director for branded television at Walt Disney Television International Asia Pacific.
Lynn started his career at Viacom in 1997 and joined Nickelodeon's sister channel Paramount Comedy UK as finance director in 1999, rising to general manager in 2002, with an additional remit to develop advertising and distribution for Paramount in the Spanish market.
At the same time, Howard Litton has been promoted to the new role of general manager and director of channels.
Litton has spent nine years at Nickelodeon as a creative leader playing a key role in the launches of Nicktoons and Nick Jr. He has also executed channel strategy and development, as well as programming and production.
The new senior management team will lead the network's four-channel multiplex, which includes Nickelodeon, Nicktoons, Nick Jr and Nick Replay.
Simon Gould, deputy chief executive MTV Networks Europe and a director of Nickelodeon UK, said: "By combining David's strategic and management strengths with Howard's unique creative talents, we are creating a formidable management team that will build on Nickelodeon's strong position and continue the channel's remarkable success story in the UK."
Nickelodeon UK is a joint venture between BSkyB and MTV Networks. The Nickelodeon channels appear on all pay-TV platforms, reaching more than 9m homes.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Executive Stopgap £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Junior Account Manager collectivo Up to £26,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Head of Data Analytics - Top Publisher Digital Gurus £90000 - £120000 Per Annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Mid-weight project manager Red Sofa London £35000.00 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Trainee Specialist Marketing Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £18000 - £23000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent bonus + benefits, London (Greater) / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)