RSPCA combines video and mobile for call to action
LONDON - The RSPCA has created a half-hour documentary, which was distributed on DVD with Saturday's Daily Mail, to get people to text their MP in support the RSPCA's Animal Welfare Bill campaign.
The campaign has been planned by Rocket, with Drum PHD, and is aimed at generating public support for the bill, which would help crack down on people who mistreat animals.
The documentary, 'Inspector for a Day' sees celebrities Miranda Richardson, Gail Porter, Uri Geller and others join RSPCA inspectors on their daily duties. It highlights cases where people who have abused animals can not be punished under current animal welfare law.
People can text ACT and their postcode to 60022 to tell their local MP that they support the bill.
The RSPCA's campaigns manager Julie Briggs said: "Producing a film with a mechanism for people to demonstrate their support has moved us into a new and dynamic level of audience communication. We wanted a new initiative to work hard for us and this will."
The DVD is also being distributed to MPs and members of the House of Lords, broadcasters, local authorities and secondary schools. In addition, content will be used as part of an online viral campaign.
The documentary was produced by Enteraction TV and directed by Giles Foster, whose previous credits include ITV's 'Foyles War'.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1