RSPCA combines video and mobile for call to action
LONDON - The RSPCA has created a half-hour documentary, which was distributed on DVD with Saturday's Daily Mail, to get people to text their MP in support the RSPCA's Animal Welfare Bill campaign.
The campaign has been planned by Rocket, with Drum PHD, and is aimed at generating public support for the bill, which would help crack down on people who mistreat animals.
The documentary, 'Inspector for a Day' sees celebrities Miranda Richardson, Gail Porter, Uri Geller and others join RSPCA inspectors on their daily duties. It highlights cases where people who have abused animals can not be punished under current animal welfare law.
People can text ACT and their postcode to 60022 to tell their local MP that they support the bill.
The RSPCA's campaigns manager Julie Briggs said: "Producing a film with a mechanism for people to demonstrate their support has moved us into a new and dynamic level of audience communication. We wanted a new initiative to work hard for us and this will."
The DVD is also being distributed to MPs and members of the House of Lords, broadcasters, local authorities and secondary schools. In addition, content will be used as part of an online viral campaign.
The documentary was produced by Enteraction TV and directed by Giles Foster, whose previous credits include ITV's 'Foyles War'.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Digital Fundraising Analyst PFJ £34000.00 - £41500.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager | Luxury | £28,000 Dynamic New Alliances £24000.00 - £28000.00 per annum + Excellent Benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Midweight Copywriter Major Players £35000 - £40000 per annum, London (South), London (Greater)
- Account manager Gemini Search £24000.00 - £28000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director - Integrated Agency with Int. Drinks, Entertainment & Tech Accounts Rocket Recruitment £44,000 - 48,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (...