NRS adds computer game magazines to its main survey
LONDON – The National Readership Survey is to include 12 computer game magazines in its main survey of consumer's readership habits.
Following a request from the Periodical Publisher's Association, the NRS has accepted that PlayStation, PC and Xbox titles are a growing importance in the mass media, attracting mainstream brand advertising.
In all, 12 magazines from the Future Network and Highbury Entertainment stable will be measured in the survey, including market leading titles The Official PlayStation2 Magazine, PC Gamer and XBM.
Phil Cutts, director of marketing for PPA and NRS board director, said: "Computer games magazines are an extremely important magazine sector that has for many years been under-researched by the industry currency. The new NRS figures, when they come available, should encourage mainstream advertisers to have a better look at this dynamic sector."
The computer games magazines will be measured on the main survey from January 2005.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- PR Account Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £16000 per annum, Birmingham
- Project Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £29000 per annum, Nottinghamshire
- Marketing Executive Brand Recruitment £27000 - £35000 per annum, Cambridge
- Account Director - Retail & Brand Design Agency Major Players £50000 - £55000 per annum + bens, London
- Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London