NRS adds computer game magazines to its main survey
LONDON – The National Readership Survey is to include 12 computer game magazines in its main survey of consumer's readership habits.
Following a request from the Periodical Publisher's Association, the NRS has accepted that PlayStation, PC and Xbox titles are a growing importance in the mass media, attracting mainstream brand advertising.
In all, 12 magazines from the Future Network and Highbury Entertainment stable will be measured in the survey, including market leading titles The Official PlayStation2 Magazine, PC Gamer and XBM.
Phil Cutts, director of marketing for PPA and NRS board director, said: "Computer games magazines are an extremely important magazine sector that has for many years been under-researched by the industry currency. The new NRS figures, when they come available, should encourage mainstream advertisers to have a better look at this dynamic sector."
The computer games magazines will be measured on the main survey from January 2005.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- SENIOR MARKETING MANAGER- Fashion retailer Success Digital £65000 per annum, London
- Client Director - Digital Agency - London £50-65k Adam Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Camden, London (Greater)
- Neolane Campaign Manager PFJ £300 - £400 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Marketing Operations Jarlett de Grouchy £45000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager - consumer products ADLIB £38000 - £43000 per annum, Cornwall