M&C splits AP duties as Ramsey exits
ASIA PACIFIC: The departure of Asia-Pacific president Kevin Ramsey has triggered a reshuffle at M&C Saatchi.
It has split regional responsibilities between regional executive chairman Tom Dery, CFO Peter Cameron and two new specialist positions, a regional creative director and regional planning director. Dery said the agency may appoint a new CEO, but denied that the changes were a stop-gap measure. "We have a team in place regarding our development in Asia."
Dery said he did not expect the scope of his job to change, though he expected to spend more time in Asia as the new structure beds down. M&C has promoted two staffers, giving Australian creative partner Tom McFarlane the regional creative brief, based in Sydney; while Australian planning director Sophie Ayles, who has been on maternity leave, has taken up the new planning role in Hong Kong.
Ramsey, who starts as president and CEO of McCann Worldgroup in Japan in January, said he had been thinking about moving out of a regional role for some time. "It's the biggest job in Asia-Pacific you can have in one place in a multinational agency," he said.
Ramsey takes up the reins from Max Gosling, who continues as chairman of McCann Worldgroup in Japan but now has more time to devote to his role as Australia and Asia-Pacific regional director.
This article was first published on Media Asia
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - FMCG to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- User Experience / User Interface (UX/UI) Designer Harnham £40000 - £80000 per annum + Bonus & excellent benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager Better Placed Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits, Greater Manchester
- Social Media Account Manager - Global Agency - London Digital Gurus £27000 - £32000 per annum + Benefits , London
- Responsive Designer (Top 10 NMA) Premier Media £35K + benefits, Central London
- Award-Winning Integrated Creative Team Premier Media Circa 55K + Benefits, Central London