Siemens global corporate image account goes to TBWA
LONDON - Siemens, the German industrial goods to telephones giant, has awarded its global corporate image business to TBWA\, according to reports.
The account is new, so billings are unknown, but it is estimated that Siemens spends around £80m a year on global advertising.
Omnicom-owned TBWA saw off competition from Interpublic Group agencies McCann Erickson and Springer & Jacoby, and Publicis. All are on Siemens' roster for local business.
TBWA worked on a £5m campaign in June for Siemens Mobile, based around the client's sponsorship of Real Madrid FC.
That sponsorship deal expires at the end of this season and Siemens was recently linked with a £6m sponsorship deal with Chelsea.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire