Siemens global corporate image account goes to TBWA
LONDON - Siemens, the German industrial goods to telephones giant, has awarded its global corporate image business to TBWA\, according to reports.
The account is new, so billings are unknown, but it is estimated that Siemens spends around £80m a year on global advertising.
Omnicom-owned TBWA saw off competition from Interpublic Group agencies McCann Erickson and Springer & Jacoby, and Publicis. All are on Siemens' roster for local business.
TBWA worked on a £5m campaign in June for Siemens Mobile, based around the client's sponsorship of Real Madrid FC.
That sponsorship deal expires at the end of this season and Siemens was recently linked with a £6m sponsorship deal with Chelsea.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Media Business Director PFJ £70000.00 - £90000 per annum, London
- PERFORMANCE PLANNING DIRECTOR - MOBILE BRAND! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham