Siemens global corporate image account goes to TBWA
LONDON - Siemens, the German industrial goods to telephones giant, has awarded its global corporate image business to TBWA\, according to reports.
The account is new, so billings are unknown, but it is estimated that Siemens spends around £80m a year on global advertising.
Omnicom-owned TBWA saw off competition from Interpublic Group agencies McCann Erickson and Springer & Jacoby, and Publicis. All are on Siemens' roster for local business.
TBWA worked on a £5m campaign in June for Siemens Mobile, based around the client's sponsorship of Real Madrid FC.
That sponsorship deal expires at the end of this season and Siemens was recently linked with a £6m sponsorship deal with Chelsea.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Online Editorial Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London