Hodgson and Stocker battle it out for top job at BMRA
LONDON – The British Market Research Association is holding its first contested election for chairman, with current deputy chairman Peter Hodgson and former NOP chairman Ivor Stocker running for the role.
The two candidates have unveiled their campaigns to take the top job at the BMRA, with their positions on the proposed single market research body taking precedence.
Hodgson envisaged a potential problem in a single organisation because the Market Research Society is by far the largest organisation and "a federation might in effect be little more than a takeover," he warned.
Stocker took a more positive stance saying that there are areas of common ground between the two groups: code of conduct, data protection issues and employer/employee legislation and that they should be under one roof.
The result of the postal membership vote is to be unveiled on December 21.
The race is also on for the top job at the Market Research Society after nominations were thrown open for the position of chairman of the council last month.
Taylor Nelson Sofres' Jennie Beck and ESA Market Research's Tony Keen, current chairwoman and honorary secretary-treasurer respectively, are not eligible for re-election after serving two years.
Nominations for the honorary secretary-treasurer and council members are also up for grabs.
The elections will take place in early 2005 with winning positions being taken up from April 1.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Strategy Director Rare Selection Up to £80K + bonus, health, pension, Central London
- Digital Strategist - Growth & Innovation Consultancy Rare Selection Up to £50K + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Consultant - 2 vacancies Rare Selection £60 - £80K + 30% bonus, 8% pension, and excellent benefits, London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection Highly competitive, Central London
- Senior Consultant Brand Strategy Rare Selection Up to £68K + benefits, South West London