BLM awarded £1.5m Maxim planning and buying task
LONDON – Media agency BLM has won the £1.5m media planning and buying account for men's magazine Maxim for 2005.
Maxim, published by Dennis Publishing, last used communications agency Naked for its promotional work in 2003 and for some promotional activity in 2004.
BLM also looks after planning and buying accounts for Dennis's Auto Express and newly launched Test Drive magazines.
Bruce Sandell, group publishing director at Dennis, said: "We chose BLM to work on Maxim for a number of reasons -- it offers an innovative, full-service approach to our business, focuses very much on business return, and has an exceptional track record with Dennis."
Maxim's mix of glamour-girl photoshoots, celebrity features and cod-gonzo journalism has been transferred to markets including Russia, France, Korea, Poland and, more recently, Singapore.
In the latest set of ABCs, Maxim suffered a 9.6% year-on-year fall in circulation to 227,017. However, it is hoping for a reversal in its fortunes following the recent arrival of former Stuff US editor Greg Gutfeld as editor.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London