141 Worldwide hires O&M's Roth as new global CEO
LONDON – Rick Roth has been appointed as CEO of integrated promotions agency 141 Worldwide to coordinate its global operations and work on client strategy.
Roth will be based in New York and will oversee 141 Worldwide's 91 offices in 57 countries.
Roth was formerly a global account director at Ogilvy & Mather with clients including Kraft, SAB Miller and Mattel. He will continue to play this role in the near term, according to O&M.
Roth said: "The 141 network is a perfect complement to Ogilvy's 360-degree brand stewardship business philosophy. With its expertise in delivering brand experiences through non-traditional methods, 141 offers one of our most exciting growth opportunities."
141 Worldwide was reorganised last year after WPP Group bought owner Cordiant and made it part of the Ogilvy Group, which includes sister below-the-line agency OgilvyOne. The business previously had two parts -- local agencies were under the 141 umbrella and global accounts were handled by 141 Worldwide. Everything is now handled by a single business.
Before the sale to WPP, the agency suffered the loss of a number of senior staff, including 141 Worldwide CEO Colin Hearn. WPP brought in Richard Church as 141 Worldwide CEO for Europe and Asia and put a board in place to steer the agency globally.
The new position of overall CEO, created for Roth, continues the restabilisation and will help build partnerships between Ogilvy clients and 141.
UK clients include BAT, Vodafone, HSBC, the Dogs Trust and Kenwood.
Roth's appointment that in the UK recently of Neil Cowan as UK business director and Mark Oldridge as head of European planning.
Cowan was founder and managing director of DM shop Adventus, and has also worked with KLP, Brann and Mediator. Oldridge was previously director of strategic planning and director of knowledge management at Oglivy.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Advertising Sales Executive Culture Shock Media Salary dependent on experience , plus commission. , SW London