Uma Thurman replaces Lopez as face of Louis Vuitton
LONDON – 'Kill Bill' star Uma Thurman has been confirmed as the new face of French fashion house Louis Vuitton.
The actress will be dressed in Vuitton and feature in the clothing line's advertising campaign next year.
She follows in the footsteps of 'Lost in Translation' actress Scarlett Johansson and Jennifer Lopez.
The first ad will appear throughout the world in February 2005 will show the 'Pulp Fiction' star carrying the brand's new Manhattan bag.
Marc Jacobs, artistic director of Louis Vuitton, said: "The idea was to present this ultra-feminine woman and to show her in a rough and bare industrial environment, to dress her in a sophisticated way, opposite to the unexpected decor made of cement and concrete."
It is unclear if Thurman's deal will match that of Lopez, who was reported to have signed a £2m deal last April.
Louis Vuitton, which is owned by French holding company LVMH, has also used actress Chloe Sevigny and models Kate Moss and Naomi Campbell in its past promotional work.
Thurman, star of Quentin Tarantino's martial arts movie 'Kill Bill' and 'Kill Bill Volume 2', was dropped as the face of L'Oreal-owned luxury cosmetic brand Lancome in October 2003 after just two years.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Manager - Communication/ Branding to £35k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London