ESA awarded Castrol's point-of-sale task at Halfords
LONDON - Retail and trade market research company ESA has been appointed by Castrol, the car and bike lubricant, to conduct point-of-sale and promotions research in 100 Halfords stores across the UK.
ESA researchers will visit 100 Halfords stores and carry out an audit of Castrol's in-store displays as well as interviewing store managers or supervisors to gain insight into the effectiveness of point-of-sale material.
The research will be used by Castrol to establish the effectiveness of displays in up-selling to other Castrol products and to inform future decisions on in-store marketing.
Jeff Choularton, research manger at Castrol, said: "It is important for us to understand not only that our point-of-sale and promotional material is in place, but also the effect it is having on customer purchase decisions. As the leading retail research specialist, ESA has the presence and know-how to execute such a project with minimum fuss and maximum efficiency."
Established in 1979, ESA is an independent market research company specialising in retail and trade with clients including major supermarkets and leisure operators.
In 2003, ESA was the fastest growing of the top 25 market research agencies in the UK, with its £6m turnover representing a 35% increase on the previous year.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London