Foster's sponsors TfL's free travel initiative for New Year
LONDON - Foster's is to sponsor free travel across London on New Year's Eve in a six-figure deal with Transport for London covering the Tube, buses, DLR and trams.
TfL will save Londoners several million pounds as they enjoy free travel between 11.45pm and 4.30am.
The sponsorship deal, brokered by Viacom Outdoor, London Underground's advertising contractor, remarks a return for the Australian beer brand to London New Year advertising.
Foster's was the first sponsor for free travel on the Tube on a New Year's Eve in 1998. Subsequent sponsors have included Bud Ice, Bacardi Breezer and Smirnoff Ice.
Last year, TfL ran free travel on New Year's Eve but did not offer it as a sponsorship opportunity.
Tim Seager, marketing director at Scottish Courage, said: "Our message is leave the car at home, feel free to enjoy a couple of beers and the Foster's New Year's Eve free travel service will get you home safely -- 'No Worries'."
Awareness of the free travel scheme will be raised by a TfL poster campaign in Underground and DLR stations, Tube carriages and buses. The posters show a modern-day Cinderella and her prince pictured against the London night sky and bear the tagline "Stay out longer this New Year's Eve".
In addition, Christmas elves will visit 12 Underground stations in December to hand out more than 300,000 Foster's Christmas cards containing details of the New Year's Eve travel arrangements and where Foster's will be on sale.
A Foster's poster campaign with five executions developed by M&C Saatchi encourages commuters to adopt a "No Worries" attitude to the festive season. All of the executions use the strapline "Let the festivities begin", where the "f" in festivities appears as the iconic Foster's roundel.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Marketing Executive Stopgap £90 - £100 per day, South West England
- Paid Search Manager Â– Leading Automotive Client-Up to £37k SYLEX Recruitment £27000 - £37000 per annum, London
- Creative Director Creative Recruitment £70000 - £90000 per annum, London
- Designer createselect Up to £35K pa, depending on experience, West London
- Technical Project Manager/Architect Red Sofa London £300.00 - £350.00 per day, London