Foster's sponsors TfL's free travel initiative for New Year
LONDON - Foster's is to sponsor free travel across London on New Year's Eve in a six-figure deal with Transport for London covering the Tube, buses, DLR and trams.
TfL will save Londoners several million pounds as they enjoy free travel between 11.45pm and 4.30am.
The sponsorship deal, brokered by Viacom Outdoor, London Underground's advertising contractor, remarks a return for the Australian beer brand to London New Year advertising.
Foster's was the first sponsor for free travel on the Tube on a New Year's Eve in 1998. Subsequent sponsors have included Bud Ice, Bacardi Breezer and Smirnoff Ice.
Last year, TfL ran free travel on New Year's Eve but did not offer it as a sponsorship opportunity.
Tim Seager, marketing director at Scottish Courage, said: "Our message is leave the car at home, feel free to enjoy a couple of beers and the Foster's New Year's Eve free travel service will get you home safely -- 'No Worries'."
Awareness of the free travel scheme will be raised by a TfL poster campaign in Underground and DLR stations, Tube carriages and buses. The posters show a modern-day Cinderella and her prince pictured against the London night sky and bear the tagline "Stay out longer this New Year's Eve".
In addition, Christmas elves will visit 12 Underground stations in December to hand out more than 300,000 Foster's Christmas cards containing details of the New Year's Eve travel arrangements and where Foster's will be on sale.
A Foster's poster campaign with five executions developed by M&C Saatchi encourages commuters to adopt a "No Worries" attitude to the festive season. All of the executions use the strapline "Let the festivities begin", where the "f" in festivities appears as the iconic Foster's roundel.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Global Brand Manager - Drinks Trace c. £58k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West)...
- Senior International Agency Sales Manager - Mobile Salt £70000 per annum + strong bonus and great bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Consumer Tech Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...
- Head of Marketing The RSA Circa £60,000 per annum (commensurate with skills and experience) + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Pharma / Healthcare Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...