Coco de Mer relaunches website with naked women
LONDON - Coco de Mer, which describes itself as the world's most 'luxurious sex boutique', has launched a new website filled with images of naked women and explicit lines of text.
It draws on film, sound, text and images of naked women, as well as containing information on how to use sex toys and a history of sex.
A section called "After Hours" contains a sneak preview of an erotic film created by Coco de Mer called 'Honey & Bunny', along with clips from live Coco de Mer events such as the Burlesque Cabaret.
Coco de Mer sells everything from a feather tickler to what is called a "tally ho" bondage bench complete with stirrups, which costs almost £3,000.
AllofUs is an interactive design consultancy that has worked on projects for the Science Museum, Selfridges, Thomas Pink and Aiwa.
Designer Nick Christea secured the job for the agency after visiting the original Coco de Mer website.
"I had been to the shop before so I was sure the website would have a few surprises. It didn't. I was so disappointed I emailed [founder] Sam Roddick complaining how bad it looked," he said.
"Two days later she called me and after a very amiable coffee I'd talked myself in to redesigning it."
Roddick is the daughter of body shop founder Anita Roddick.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Online Editorial Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London