Fox's Biscuits steps up its digital game for Rocky range
LONDON - Fox's Biscuits has launched an online Christmas game to promote its Rocky brand of biscuits.
The game, 'Rocky R in Snowbirdin'', can be found on the Rocky website. It is fronted by Rocky R, the cartoon face of the brand's recently launched television ad campaign, and aims to build and strengthen relationships with the eight- to 11-year-old audience during the festive season.
Players join Rocky R on a "snowboarding adventure" to pass a number of obstacles, collecting Rocky Bars along the way.
Digital agency DS.Emotion is behind the initiative as well as the main Rocky R website, and will be monitoring site traffic for the number of new members joining up to the site's Crunch Massive club.
It will also develop e-newsletters to contact new members and evaluate whether this results in an increase in site traffic.
The move is part of a wider strategy by Fox's to step up its digital strategy throughout 2005.
Ashley Bertram, senior brand manager at Fox's, said: "This new game is an extension of DS.Emotion's work for the Rocky brand by creating engaging digital experiences."
Bertram said that Fox's sees online games like 'Rocky R in Snowbirdin'' as an excellent medium to engage Rocky R with its core hard-to-reach and demanding eight- to 11-year-old demographic.
Chris Hassell, director at DS.Emotion, said: "It's exciting when brands recognise the power that online games have in building strong, lasting relationships. 'Rocky R in Snowbirdin'' will add to our increasing portfolio of games that we are currently developing for the youth consumer market."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Head of Marketing Ninesharp £50000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, City of London