Interflora in mail and SMS drive for first DM push
LONDON – Interflora has diverted spend from its above-the-line advertising to run its first ever direct marketing campaign.
The campaign, comprising direct mail and SMS activity, has been created by WWAV Rapp Collins Leeds.
The agency has already segmented Interflora's customer database into key customer groups based on recency, frequency, gender, season and/or reason for giving. The database contains around 300,000 customers.
Lyn Davies, head of brand at Interflora, said: "We are really excited about this opportunity to talk to our customers in a new way. Interflora is a well known brand and our customers are mass market. We are now concentrating more on our existing customers."
The campaign includes elements such as an advent calendar, which stresses the fact that Interflora takes orders up to 11am on Christmas Eve for delivery the same day.
In addition, men who frequently give flowers to their partners will be specifically targeted.
As well as a phone and internet retailer, Interflora is a trade association and delivery network for its member florists. It has included activity in this campaign targeting member florists' own customers with a data strategy and personalisation approach specific to each retail outlet.
WWAV Leeds is working closely with sister company Identex to build a full customer relationship marketing database, which should be operational by spring next year.
Interflora will study the results of a test campaign to judge the relative merits of direct mail and SMS.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Designer (Packaging, Brochure, POS, Retouching) Creative Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum, London
- Graphic Designer (Branding, Marketing, POS, Packaging) Creative Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum, London