Interflora in mail and SMS drive for first DM push
LONDON – Interflora has diverted spend from its above-the-line advertising to run its first ever direct marketing campaign.
The campaign, comprising direct mail and SMS activity, has been created by WWAV Rapp Collins Leeds.
The agency has already segmented Interflora's customer database into key customer groups based on recency, frequency, gender, season and/or reason for giving. The database contains around 300,000 customers.
Lyn Davies, head of brand at Interflora, said: "We are really excited about this opportunity to talk to our customers in a new way. Interflora is a well known brand and our customers are mass market. We are now concentrating more on our existing customers."
The campaign includes elements such as an advent calendar, which stresses the fact that Interflora takes orders up to 11am on Christmas Eve for delivery the same day.
In addition, men who frequently give flowers to their partners will be specifically targeted.
As well as a phone and internet retailer, Interflora is a trade association and delivery network for its member florists. It has included activity in this campaign targeting member florists' own customers with a data strategy and personalisation approach specific to each retail outlet.
WWAV Leeds is working closely with sister company Identex to build a full customer relationship marketing database, which should be operational by spring next year.
Interflora will study the results of a test campaign to judge the relative merits of direct mail and SMS.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Biddable Media Manager PPC - Cracking Client Accounts! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £37000 per annum + Amazing Benefits , London
- Senior Digital Designer Gemini Search £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Strategic Search Manager - PPC - LUXURY BRAND Ultimate Asset £25000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London