Newspaper advertising to get own awards ceremony
LONDON - The Newspaper Marketing Agency has announced the launch of the National Newspaper Advertising Awards.
The organisation says the awards are "designed to throw the spotlight on standards of creativity in national newspapers".
Entries will be judged on a monthly basis, with 12 creative directors from various agencies picking their favourite ads. They will nominate a shortlist of eight ads, from which one will be selected as the monthly winner.
Peter Souter, executive creative director at Abbot Mead Vickers BBDO, will preside over the judging panel and will judge the first month's awards.
This will culminate in the announcement of the "winner of winners" in December 2005 at a special awards event.
There will be a cash prize of £25,000 for the top entry, with smaller cash prizes for craft skills including copywriting and typography.
Souter said: "These awards are simply a means of preserving the best of what we do in the hope it will encourage clients and agencies to do more good ads."
All the nominated and winning ads will be featured in an annual that aims to "celebrate the best in newspaper advertising and provide a reference for the industry".
Agencies will not need to nominate or put themselves forward for entry -- the panel of judges will scour and select their favourites by themselves.
Maureen Duffy, chief executive of the NMA, said: "These awards have been designed to throw a spotlight on the best work and to encourage agencies and advertisers to rise to the challenge of matching the best. This will culminate in what I believe will be an inspiring exhibition of what can be achieved in the newspaper medium."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- .Net Developer - Agency Role - ASP.Net, .Net 4.0, CMS, Umbraco Digital Gurus £35000 - £50000 per annum + benefits, London
- Freelance Account Manager for award winning integrated agency! Zebra People £180 - £220 per day, East London
- Product Strategist Dyson Undisclosed, Malmesbury, Wiltshire
- Motion Graphic designer (with Flash Experience) Digital Gurus £30000 - £35000 per annum, London