Government invests £15m in NHS interactive TV service
LONDON – The government is investing £15m in an interactive TV service for the NHS, which will be available to 7m viewers with Sky Digital.
NHS Direct will allow people to find out more about their health and the health services by pressing the red button.
NHS Direct Interactive has more than 3,000 pages containing commonly asked health questions, hot topics hitting the headlines and a guide to healthy living. There is also a guide to the NHS, offering information on registering with a GP or finding an NHS dentist.
The service is currently only available on digital satellite TV, but will be extended to include Freeview and cable next year.
The government is planning to plough £15m into the service over the next three years to enable the service to reach up to an expected 20m people.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Senior Account Manager Pitch Consultants £27000 - £35000 per annum, Warwickshire