Disney takes over full ad break on Sky for Cage movie
LONDON – Disney-owned film distributor Buena Vista International has bought all the ad slots during a Premiership football match on Sky Pub Sports to promote its new action movie 'National Treasure', starring Nicholas Cage.
The full trailer for the movie will broadcast on Sunday December 19 during Sky Sports' live coverage of the Barclays Premiership Plus match between Liverpool and Newcastle United.
'National Treasure' stars Cage as a relic hunter alongside Diane Kruger, who played Helen in 'Troy', and Sean Bean, who also appeared in 'Troy' as Odysseus.
The promotion was negotiated by Matt Huntingford at Carat and Jim Suswain at Sky Media.
Rob Tierney, group head at Sky commercial partners, said: "For millions of viewers, Sky Pubs Sports is the already closest thing to being at a match. Now it will become the closest thing to being at the cinema as we exploit this unique opportunity for event advertising.
Launched in August 1999, Sky Pub Sports is BSkyB's dedicated sports channel, which features tens of thousands of widescreen TVs in pubs across the UK.
Recent advertisers include Diageo, Ford, COI, Nike and Unilever.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire