Starbucks website to celebrate 20 years of Xmas blend
LONDON – Starbucks has launched a website celebrating 20 years of its Starbucks Christmas Blend created by digital agency Wheel.
The site looks to inform and educate visitors about the heritage of Starbucks coffee and to further strengthen Starbucks Coffee Company's position as "the coffee experts".
To drive traffic to the site, Starbucks has launched an online advertising campaign targeting women aged between 25 and 35.
Visitors are able to flip through a coffee table book to view background on the Christmas Blend, the beans it is made from and how to make the perfect cup at home.
Cathy Heseltine, marketing director at Starbucks, said: "The internet allows us to produce engaging content for our target audience and create a third place for Starbucks customers outside of the stores, the office and home. Wheel has produced a warm and exciting website that shows Starbucks' heritage and passion for coffee."
Other elements of the site include being able to send a card or dinner party invite, Christmas lists to friends and family, and to learn more about the perfect accompaniment to a Starbucks beverage.
The launch of the site is part of a move to bring the web into the Starbucks brand-building media mix and follows the success of the Summer at Starbucks microsite promoting Starbucks new Fresh Mango Frappuccino.
Hollie Adler, Wheel account manager, said: "The project has given us the opportunity to reinforce Starbucks as the coffee experts, especially around Christmas when we can bring some of the in-store magic into people's homes."
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £30000 - £37000 per annum + competitive compensation & benefits packge, London