Capital One reviews UK agency after US switch to DDB
LONDON – Capital One, the US credit card giant, is reviewing its UK advertising, currently handled by McCann Erickson, following its decision to move its $170m (£88m) US account from McCanns to DDB Chicago.
McCann Erickson in the US and UK won the combined £150m account in April 2003 after a review when incumbent D'Arcy was closed following its purchase by Publicis.
The decision to move the US account to DDB Chicago has prompted a review of the UK business.
A Capital One spokesman said: "Following changes to our ad agency in the US, we are taking the opportunity to review our UK roster through a competitive pitch."
McCann Erickson and DDB London are confirmed as taking part in the pitch.
Media planning and buying arrangements through Starcom MediaVest are unaffected by the review.
Capital One's branding campaign originated in 2000 with the introduction of D'Arcy's "What's in your wallet?" ads. According to research by MORI, Capital One is the fastest-growing credit card in the UK.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Business Development Director - Design Branding and Integrated - London Spectrum £70,000 - £90,000, London
- Middleweight Graphic Designer become £28-35K, Central London
- Account Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + benefits, London
- Senior UX/IA Mobile Designer - 3 Month Contract - London Network Career Consultants £300 - £350 per day, London