WRC teams up with Premium TV for broadband drive
LONDON – The World Rally Championship has teamed up with sports content company Premium TV to offer its fans exclusive broadband and mobile access to the motor sport.
This is the first global deal for Premium TV, which currently looks after broadband and mobile content for 83 UK football clubs.
Premium will create a new new web platform, WRC+, to provide broadband subscribers with video highlights, driver interviews, car statistics, virtual spectator coverage and live audio.
The WRC+ mobile content offers video footage of stage highlights and driver interviews. Products under development include a news and results SMS service, wallpapers and subscription services for 3G enabled handsets.
As part of the deal, Premium will revamp the existing WRC website, build a new broadband subscription website and develop new mobile products.
Premium TV will create a number of exclusive advertising opportunities that will sit across WRC.com, offering brands the opportunity to partner with a major global franchise.
The website already attracts more 10m page views a month and has the potential for significant growth.
The website and products will launch in January 2005.
Since its launch four years ago, Premium TV has pioneered the sports and entertainment content business supplying broadband, 3G, commercial and subscription products and services to the sports industry and Europe’s leading media and entertainment companies.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London