WRC teams up with Premium TV for broadband drive
LONDON – The World Rally Championship has teamed up with sports content company Premium TV to offer its fans exclusive broadband and mobile access to the motor sport.
This is the first global deal for Premium TV, which currently looks after broadband and mobile content for 83 UK football clubs.
Premium will create a new new web platform, WRC+, to provide broadband subscribers with video highlights, driver interviews, car statistics, virtual spectator coverage and live audio.
The WRC+ mobile content offers video footage of stage highlights and driver interviews. Products under development include a news and results SMS service, wallpapers and subscription services for 3G enabled handsets.
As part of the deal, Premium will revamp the existing WRC website, build a new broadband subscription website and develop new mobile products.
Premium TV will create a number of exclusive advertising opportunities that will sit across WRC.com, offering brands the opportunity to partner with a major global franchise.
The website already attracts more 10m page views a month and has the potential for significant growth.
The website and products will launch in January 2005.
Since its launch four years ago, Premium TV has pioneered the sports and entertainment content business supplying broadband, 3G, commercial and subscription products and services to the sports industry and Europe’s leading media and entertainment companies.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Marketing Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £34000 per annum, Thames Ditton
- Account Consultant / Research Director PSD Group £75,000 + bonus , London
- Account Executive - Mobile / Digital Digital Gurus £18000 - £20000 per annum + bonus, benefits, London
- SMS (Marketing) Manager Digital Gurus £35000 - £45000 per annum + package, South West London