Carat awarded £3.5m Allied Carpets UK media account
LONDON – Aegis-owned media agency Carat has been awarded the £3.5m UK planning and buying business for Allied Carpets after beating incumbent AMS Media.
Allied Carpets awarded the business to Carat without a formal pitch process.
Allied Carpets is owned by the French retail giant Tapis-Saint Maclou and has a network of 224 stores.
As well as carpets and floor coverings, Allied Carpets sells other household goods including beds.
Dino Ioannou, communications planning director at Carat, said: "Allied has ambitious plans for its business and has appointed Carat to develop creative and innovative media strategies to drive its brand."
Allied Carpets ended its 10-year relationship with Brand Connection last year to shift its UK media account into AMS Media, because the agency was planning to use "new" media outlets whereas Brand Connections favoured traditional national press.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Media Business Director PFJ £70000.00 - £90000 per annum, London
- PERFORMANCE PLANNING DIRECTOR - MOBILE BRAND! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham