Carat awarded £3.5m Allied Carpets UK media account
LONDON – Aegis-owned media agency Carat has been awarded the £3.5m UK planning and buying business for Allied Carpets after beating incumbent AMS Media.
Allied Carpets awarded the business to Carat without a formal pitch process.
Allied Carpets is owned by the French retail giant Tapis-Saint Maclou and has a network of 224 stores.
As well as carpets and floor coverings, Allied Carpets sells other household goods including beds.
Dino Ioannou, communications planning director at Carat, said: "Allied has ambitious plans for its business and has appointed Carat to develop creative and innovative media strategies to drive its brand."
Allied Carpets ended its 10-year relationship with Brand Connection last year to shift its UK media account into AMS Media, because the agency was planning to use "new" media outlets whereas Brand Connections favoured traditional national press.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Biddable Media Manager PPC - Cracking Client Accounts! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £37000 per annum + Amazing Benefits , London
- Senior Digital Designer Gemini Search £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Strategic Search Manager - PPC - LUXURY BRAND Ultimate Asset £25000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London